The College Board
Director, Content & Curriculum - World Languages
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director of Curriculum & Content Development for World Languages, who has a background in German or an Asian language. This position can be in one of the following College Board offices: New York, NY; Duluth, Georgia; or Reston, Virginia.
For complete information on this position and on applying, please download this PDF file.
top of page
University of West Florida
Director, Japan Center and Florida-Japan Linkage Institute
The University of West Florida (UWF) seeks a Director, Japan Center and Florida-Japan Linkage Institute. The Director reports to the Associate Vice President for Diversity and International Education and Programs (ODIEP). UWF is seeking applicants that possess the integrity and ability to build upon a thriving Japanese language and culture program and also includes oversight of the Jikei-American Center and the Florida-Japan Linkage Institute. The Director will be the primary coordinator for all Japanese activities at the University as well as serve as the primary liaison for Japanese activities with the City of Pensacola and its sister city-Gero/Hagiwara and Florida's sister state, Wakayama. The Director also will work with the Japan-America Society of Northwest Florida, the Jikei Group of Colleges, and State of Florida-related Japanese activities.
The University, with campuses in Pensacola and along the Emerald Coast of Northwest Florida, is one of the region’s prized resources. UWF is a member of the State University System of Florida. The Florida Legislature established the University in 1963, and classes began in the fall of 1967. UWF has three colleges, Arts and Sciences, Business, and Professional Studies, and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
This position is 60% administrative, 20% teaching/advising, 20% service to the Department and University.
• An earned doctorate from an accredited institution in a relevant field with 2-4 years of appropriate experience (exceptional candidates with MA’s or MS’s and extensive experience will be considered).
• A distinguished record of academic accomplishments, including extensive Japanese language teaching experience, extensive Japanese/Asian Studies cultural knowledge, and familiarity with US-managed study abroad programs.
• Successful administrative and managerial experience in higher education with demonstrated achievement in the management of curriculum, academic personnel, budget administration, strategic planning, and comprehensive academic and cultural planning.
• Ability to communicate bilingually (Japanese and English required) and experience working effectively in a diverse campus community.
• Ability to provide visionary leadership in support of diversity initiatives and manage staff as well as volunteers.
COMPENSATION:Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For the complete announcement and position description, including qualifications and experience, please see our website: https://jobs.uwf.edu. This position has a preferred response date of February 28, 2013, but is open until filled.
This position requires a criminal background screening. UWF is an Equal Opportunity/Access/ Affirmative Action Employer. Pursuant to provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to respond is requested to advise UWF by contacting ADA Compliance in the Office of Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (Voice) or 1-850-857-6114 (TTY).
top of page