AATJ Annual Fall Conference
The 2014 American Association of Teachers of Japanese (AATJ) Annual Fall Conference will take place November 21-23 in San Antonio, Texas, in conjunction with the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Annual Convention and World Languages Expo. The venue will be the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center in downtown San Antonio.
Information on registration and housing for the conference can be found at www.actfl.org/convention-expo. Current members of AATJ can register at ACTFL member rates ($200 until July 9; $215 from July 10 to October 29; $310 onsite).
Register online or by completing and sending this paper registration form to the ACTFL office by mail or fax.
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE, PLEASE BE SURE TO INDICATE THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF AATJ, SO THAT OUR ORGANIZATION AND OUR FIELD WILL GET CREDIT FOR YOUR ATTENDANCE.
• This year, AATJ will sponsor two concurrent sessions, a total of more than 40 panels and presentations. Please take a look at the AATJ-sponsored session program.
• AATJ Special Sessions include a special panel on assessment; the AATJ Teacher Award Luncheon and General Membership Meeting; sessions on using technology in the classroom, the impact of study abroad in disaster-affected northeastern Japan; using assistant teachers from Japan; and more.
• In addition to the AATJ-sponsored sessions, the ACTFL conference program will feature a number of other Japanese-related presentations and dozens of general-interest panel sessions.
• The Japan Pavilion in the Expo (Exhibit) Hall will feature entertainment, exhibits by publishers, travel agents, universities, and other companies and services related to our profession.
• Tickets for the AATJ Luncheon (Saturday) are $40 in advance and $47 after October 29. AATJ strongly recommends that you purchase a luncheon ticket when you register online for the conference. ** If you have already registered without purchasing a luncheon ticket, you can go back to the online registration site, log in again, and look for a section at the bottom called "Update/Upgrade Reservation," where you can add the luncheon. Or you can contact ACTFL by phone at 508-743-8561 or fax at 508-743-9626 (have the confirmation number you received when you first registered available), or purchase your luncheon ticket from the on-site registration desk in San Antonio. **
• The AATJ Reception will be held from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Saturday. The reception will be preceded by a membership meeting and a special panel on assessment.
View the Schedule of AATJ-Sponsored Sessions at the Fall Conference